Thursday, June 19, 2008

About Taiwan, my opinion


....Well, just think about how to introduce you about my country. Yes, it is true that Taiwan manufactured a lot of stuff in the past. But now most of the factories have moved to China. China has become factory of the world in the recent years.
=
Historically, Taiwan was a Province of China, but it was ever governed by Holland, partially occupied by French at a very short time, and had been ruled by Japan for 50 years. When commuist arose and overwhelmed the whole China, the government of the Republic of China moved here. So it make Taiwan strait not so peace occasionally since then.
=
Missionaries came from England and Canada 100~150 years ago have brougt pepople here new faith. The greatest and most famous is Dr. Mackay from Canada. He spent almost his whole life since 1895 here especially in the northern Tawain to teach people gospel. That's why we can see many Mackay Memorial Hospitals in Taiwan. Nowadays there are still many Mormon's young missionaries from USA and other countries can be seen everywhere in big city or small country. They often use bicycle as their transportation tool. Those missionaries from overseas affected Taiwan a lot in every aspect, but the members of Christian are still not much. Most people believe in Chinese traditional Taoism and Buddhism. For decades, a famous Buddhistic organization "Tzu Chi Foundation" has widely and in-depth affected the Taiwan's society and other countries . Besides, relatively still quite fewer Muslim and Mormon here.
=
For know more about what the Tsu Chi Foundation did, Please consult its official site here. http://www.tzuchi.org.tw/
=
Taiwan is an independent country with its own government and army. China never acknowlegde it, that's why Taiwan cannot be accepted to join most of the international organizations, such as the United Nations. Government of China forced it as possible as they can in every occasion.
=
Since the new on-board of the current Taiwan's handsome President Ma Ying Jeou on 5/20, we have tried to establish a more friendly relationship with China. Maybe in several years you may see the two parts unified as one nation just as the East and West Germany in the past. Taiwan is currently a democratic country with mature economics, while China is still a state-power-centralized country but with very rapid economics growth. I think they both are seeking to become more equal to each other in every aspect.
=
This is information about our handsome President: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Ying-jeou
=
Taiwan is a small island with high mountains, more than 100 peaks with their height's over 3000 meters. The scence in the mountain is so beautiful. When I was a student, I liked to back-packed climbing the mountains and took pictures there. Really nice memories. This is a traditional place in the mountains that some foreign people will visit. http://www.ali.org.tw/
=
That's all what I think now. Ask me if you would like to know others about Taiwan from my opinion. :-)
=
=

--------------------------------------=
Formosa, one of Taiwan's old names, means beautiful island. Following are the words of love for Taiwan from Dr. Mackay:
=
How dear is Formosa to my heart!
On that island the best of my years have been spent. How dear is Formosa to my heart!
A lifetime of joy is centered here. I love to look up to its lofty peaks,
down into its yawning chasms,
and away out on its surging seas. How willing I am to gaze upon these forever!
My heart's ties to Taiwan cannot be severed!
To that island I devote my life. My heart's ties to Taiwan cannot be severed!
There I find my joy. I should like to find a final resting place within sound of its surf and under the shade of its waving bamboo.
=
"My Final Resting Place" by George Mackay.
=
=

I love its dark-skinned [people].
among whom I have gone these twenty-three years,
preaching the gospel of Jesus.
To serve them in the gospel I would gladly, a thousand times over, give up my life.
There I hope to spend what remains of my life,
and when my day of service is over.
=
"From Far Formosa" by George Mackay.
=

No comments: