Friday, July 4, 2008

To little Joanne


Dear Joanne, my beloved little daughter.

It has been 1 years since you came to this family on last July 4, just over night that the family moved to this new house after 4 years waiting for the construction. You are the first infant in this community. As the name of the community is Sunflower. I used to say that you are daughter of sunflower then. You grew up with this new house. You are the best gift for this and the family. Time flies and one year has passed so soon.

It is so impressive that every evening you cry when you hear my voice after I come home from office. Then, you always want me to hold you tight in arms, sit on my thigh and eat my dinner with me, even you are full then. It seems you like me more than any other family members. But you don't like to cry as your infant days. That's why so many people like it so much to hold you in their arm. You often stay calmly with them.

You are 1 year and 2 month old now. Several weeks ago, you just learned to stand up and to walk. Now you can walk quite well by yourself. You have got 10 teeth now, while 2 of them just come out. You want to try everything you want, to eat every thing we eat. You like to learn a lot of things. I saw you can pull away the screen door, stepping out carefully to the outside stair and sitting there alone to view the green side yard that spread in front of your eyes silently for a while . I think you are one who like to enjoy life.

A lot of our friends like you. Since the first time when you came to church with us last July, a lot of church friends came around you. So far, they still like to play with you, to hold you in arms. Our new neighbors in the Sunflower community also like you. Some of them don't have a little daughter like you, they hold you just as you are their daughter. Because of you, we got lots of gifts from friends, which including foods, clothes and tools for nursing. You bring a lot along yourself to this family, although you are too small to know any about it.

In this mortality life, you are entitled the same surname Hsieh. In this family, you will know you have dear Dad, dear Mom, 3 older brother and 1 older sister. I know they all love you so much! Besides, your grandfathers and grandmothers and other relatives love you, too. They will always love you just as your first year in this family. I wish you enjoy your life in the family. Through the family, I hope you can find the love, safe and caring that our Heavenly Father want to bless you.

Just as we stated often in some occasions in those days you came. --- "We are all children of God". Yes, truly it is! We all have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much and care us at any time. My life is so blessed when I know Him. My beloved daughter, I sincere pray for you that you will know Him some day and then you can bear your own testimony on Him and His great work. If you become one of His beloved daughters, I believe the whole members in the Hsieh Family will feel so honored and happy then. Wish you grow very well.

Your Dad,
CY


No comments: