Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Faith

Yesterday(2008-7-28 Mon.) was a typhoon holiday for all Taiwanese. I spent almost all day long on cleaning the house. Since about AM10:00 until PM7:00 by a central vacuum cleaner and a mop. It made me sweat a lot, just as doing acute exercise. It made me tired but feel better finally. Yes, It's comfortable now.

I asked my kids to have slippers on their feet all the time. It's so difficult to teach them that. They always forget it. I have taught them more than 10 times since last move 1 year ago. It made me easily anger on them. We need to learn to be better parent.

In the evening, we together to hold our regularly weekly family home evening. Diana chose a song in the children songbook as the opening theme. It is the page no. 50 "Faith" in the Chinese version songbook. Andrew prepared for every family member a songbook and helped open to the page. I asked Jeff to lead the song and conduct it. Then, Diana gave an opening prayer before the family meeting.

In the meeting, we learned about the Moses' Ten Commandments. Binne taught Jeff and Diana to recite it. They really did it good. I felt that I was also taught by their discussion. As for me, I remind them again about how important it is to have their slippers on feet always. After it, every kids enjoyed the chocolate I bought from COSTCO last week.

We like the song, finally we sang the same song again and the 3- year-old Andrew gave a close prayer under the guidance of his brother Jeff.

"Faith" is a song our family ever learned several years ago. I like its versions in different languages. Here they are. Enjoy them with us !!


Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day.
Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray.
Faith is like a little seed:
If planted, it will grow.
Faith is a swelling within my heart.
When I do right, I know.

Faith is knowing I lived with God before my mortal birth.
Faith is knowing I can return when my life ends on earth.
Faith is trust in God above;
In Christ, who showed the way.
Faith is strengthened; I feel it grow
Whenever I obey.


Song ---
words: Beatrice Goff Jackson, b. 1943. c. 1978 IRI
Music: Michael Finlinson Moody, b. 1941. c 1978 IRI
mp3 from Liahona.net
.

.

No comments: