Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Family tour by THSR

A short family tour by THSR(Taiwan high speed rail) last week was proposed and led by my wife Binne during my two sons' summer vacation. As I was still work in the office I couldn't go with them. She took our 5 kids with her younger sister to "experience" it, for our kids still not have got the chance to go by it yet. Although we can see the trains come and go forth every day, as our community was just about 500 meters away from the railway.
.
Our kids liked it since it was still under construction, they used to ask their mother to take them to the THSR Exploration Museum, which was opened since 2004-8-15 but closed now. The family went there for countless times, beacsue it is not far away from where their aunt lives.

Taiwan became a member of the countries with high speed railway since it started to operate on last January(2007). Over 1 years, THSR has become a popular commute and transportation tool. People used to use it in spite of its expensive cost which is close to the domestic freight fee. Several months ago, there was a famous domestic Airline bankrupt. I think somewhat it relates to each other.

My older son Chad took camera with himself. I choose 3 pictures he took to be put here. Wish the kids will all have a wonderful memories about their childhood in the family.



Cy

No comments: